Tuesday 30 September 2008

london fashion week

I haven't posted in a while as I have had such a busy time doing some very exciting things that have left me exhausted, but even so I am going to try to fill you in on some of these things over the next few days. So first things first: a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending the Basso and Brooke Spring/Summer 09 show at London Fashion Week.

This year, the show was in the wonderful Science Museum, and the collection was fabulous dahhling! The fluid fabric of the dresses draped and moved beautifully, printed with a stunning explosion of colourful designs based on modern Japan. I just cannot tell you how much I loved each and every one, and would love to have them all in my wardrobe, although I think I would have to save up for quite a while just to own one!
I managed to see another of their shows a few years ago, but this is far and away my favourite of their collections so far. Even the accessories were astounding, with fabulously humourous huge scale kirby grips and hair pins sticking out of the models' squared off hair dos and towering platform heels adorned with flowers. I loved the belts; wide, printed and folded bow shapes....perhaps I could afford one of those....sigh.....one day....!

2 comments:

Sarah Ditum said...

Oh my that's lovely. I wonder if I could pull off a giant kirby grip for work? I definitely want the dress.

claire montgomerie said...

hey, maybe we could do a dress share! both pitch in some money, then take turns - every other weekend 'custody' arrangements or something...although, think we will need a few others to pitch in too!
definitely think the hair pin will be ok for work, although health and safety may have something to say about the hazard of poking someone's eye out!! x