Thursday 23 April 2009

a trip to the design museum


Today I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and have a stroll along the South Bank to the Design Museum to see the Hussein Chalayan Exhibition. I must say that although I love the design museum, seeing Chalayan's work in the flesh still did not make it sing to me. Even though I am constantly amazed by his innovation and craftsmanship, and I enjoyed the exhibition, I have to say that it is just not to my personal taste.


My favourite thing was the fab wallpaper, which was also a print in one of the garments, and this mesmerising dress made from flickering LEDs and Swarovski crystals.






I also loved the Brit Insurance Design Award 2009 exhibition on the top floor, a fantastic space with panoramic views. the Basso and Brooke dress here was just stunning and extremely well thought out.



The only downside to the beautiful day is that I walked so far in my summer sandals, which I was wearing for the first time this year....time for a foot bath I think!

No comments: