Thursday 17 December 2009

cosy slipper pattern


The new pattern I have in Let's Knit this week is a bit of a favourite of mine. I have had the design for these floating around for ages, so I am really glad they have finally made it into print - just in time for the cold snap. I am padding around the house in mine trying to keep warm! The initial version was cashmere, which are really warm, cosy and luxurious, but these are Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, giving the warmth and softness with a bit more durability.

5 comments:

Just call me Ruby said...

They're so pretty. Could do with them myself right now as walking round with hole in sole of socks!

Ginger Knits said...

I was looking at Let's Knit today for p/hop purposes and was admiring those slippers. Nice work Claire.

claire montgomerie said...

thanks ladies, means a lot from such respected knitters! :)

ruby susan there is no excuse for holes! get thar darning kit out! Actually, I am terrible, have darned my gloves once, but now the other fingers have massive holes, and getting massiver!

ginger, lets get together soon for drawing and discussing a p/hop pattern. xxx

Georgina said...

Just what I need - in the New year when I have finished all the pressies - phew!!!

claire montgomerie said...

hum, yes, just starting one pressie now - will i get it done? big needles needed methinks. good luck to you too!