Thursday 17 March 2011

crochet granny square blanket

My new book, Knitting for Children turned out so well that I have been asked to do the same thing for crochet. This will be my first crochet book - hard to believe as I have designed so much crochet throughout the years. I think somebody has finally twigged that crochet is being left behind in the lovely book stakes, knitting and many other crafts have many beautiful books to choose from, whereas crochet is only just beginning to bloom. Hopefully that is all about to change and we shall see a burst in crochet books in the near future. For now, here is a half finished granny square blanket I was trying to complete in between lessons at West Dean last month...

4 comments:

Jewellery Bijou said...

OMG I have just discovered your blog and I really like it!I am going to visit you often!

www.jewellerybijou.com

claire montgomerie said...

yay :) let me know if you want to design anything crocheted for Inside Crochet!!! send me an email. x

Sara Tomlinson Design said...

I too have "found" crotchet and started my first granny square blanket which you can follow on textureknit@blogspot.com

Is the next best thing to knitting!

claire montgomerie said...

great! thanks for the link :) happy crocheting